Giusy Raito, a 29-year-old woman from Verona, has been crowned Miss Mamma Italiana 2023. With her long brown hair and “transparent” eyes, she captivated the jury with her monologue on motherhood. She emerged victorious among 16 contestants, aged between 25 and 45, who came from all over Italy to participate in the contest created by Paolo Teti, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.
The competition showcases the complexity of the female universe. Dressed in beautiful evening gowns, the aspiring Misses brought their stories to the runway, hidden behind various skill tests. Some of these stories were filled with great pain and courageous rebirths, or as Shakespeare put it, made of the same substance as dreams.
Almost all of the contestants confessed that they decided to participate in order to “get back in the game.” Translated from the language of Venus, this means seeking a fresh start and tapping into their own strengths. Some wanted to overcome a separation, others wanted to finally overcome postpartum depression, and some wanted to regain self-confidence outside of their daily routines.
There were also those who simply revealed that they were encouraged to participate by their children or husbands, or wanted to prove that motherhood does not diminish a woman’s seductive potential.
The final event, held in Bellaria-Igea Marina, has become a regular appointment and also hosted the two pre-finals, thanks to the sponsorship of the Romagna Municipality and the collaboration with the Verdeblu Foundation, chaired by Paolo Borghesi.
Miss Mamma supports Arianne, an Onlus association that fights against endometriosis, a chronic disease that is still little known today and affects nearly 4 million women of childbearing age in our country, often with a devastating impact on their quality of life.
The Misses’ performances were interspersed with comedic gags by sound effects artist Alberto Caiazza and the energetic stage presence of Itama, a young and talented singer-songwriter. The evening also featured a touching testimony from Ada Di Campi, a police officer and mother who was seriously injured during a shootout in 1987 while working on the Uno Bianca case.
The final ranking and sashes were awarded as follows:
– Giusy Raito, 29 years old, an employee from Verona, married to Domenico for 11 years, with six children: Alessia, Giorgia, Aurora, Mario, Pietro (10, 9, 8, 4, and 2 years old respectively), and the youngest, Vincenzo, who is 6 months old.
– Katia Cedioli, 41 years old, a teacher from Meldola (Forlì), with two children: Gabriele and Virginia, aged 20 and 11.
– Stella Bergamin, 37 years old, a nursery school educator from Schio (Vicenza), with two children: Beatrice and Ginevra, aged 9 and 6.
– Fabrizia Falà, 35 years old, a journalist from Roseto degli Abruzzi (Teramo), with two children: Valerio and Enea, aged 14 and 8.
– Veruska Guerra, 41 years old, an employee from Arcade (Treviso), with two children: Greta and Nora, aged 4 and 2.
– Maria Raimondo, 38 years old, a school personnel manager from Varese, with two children: Sarah and Martina, aged 10 and 7.
– Annalisa Gildi, 37 years old, a biomedical laboratory technician from Cascina (Pisa), with one child: Viola, aged 9.
– Laura Amich, 34 years old, a psychiatric rehabilitation therapist from Trecastagni (Catania), with one child: Nicola, aged 6.
– Consuelo Peressin, 32 years old, a human resources manager from San Vito al Tagliamento (Pordenone), with two children: Ludovica and Angelica, aged 6 and 3.
– Laura Policicchio, 35 years old, a financial intermediary from Amantea (Cosenza), with two children: Daniel and Niccolò, aged 18 and 11.
– Erika Maldifassi, 36 years old, an accountant from Giussano (Monza Brianza), with one child: Filippo, aged 3.
– Alice Lazzari, 40 years old, a paratrooper in the military, from Rosignano Solvay (Livorno), with twin daughters: Michela and Vittoria, aged 5.
– Marichiara Maccanelli, 39 years old, a nurse from Vicomero (Parma), with two children: Alice and Giulia, aged 10 and 8.
The selections for the 2024 edition will resume next month. More information can be found on the website.
Segui Avvisatore su Instagram: @avvisatore.it